Wednesday 30 May 2012

Blog Makeover help wanted!

Be warned: This is a cry for help!

As of right now, I'm completely unsatisfied with the appearance of my blog. 
I try to publish posts that I am happy with and would really enjoy reading if someone else had posted them, but I'm just not happy with the way you guys see them!

 This is actually my 2nd attempt at a blog as I wa so unhappy with my 1st. I really did not like the whole style of my 1st blog, from the way it looked to the style I wrote in to the website I used to create it. I really love what I write now and my followers and who I follow so I do not want for this blog to end up the same way!

I'm not happy with the Blogger template I currently use and have a pretty good idea of how I want my blog to look. However I have been googling 'HTML for dummies' for almost 3 hours today, and honestly I have gotten no where. I have been trawling the net for the past 2 weeks for hints and tips but I just can not grasp it.
I know it comes easy to some people and that is why I am desperately asking for your help!

A few of my favourite bloggers have recently re-vamped their blogs and they look stunning (my favourite being Katie aka Lady Million) and 2 have recently changed their blog name.

If you have any kind of knowledge with HTML would you be kind enough to get in contact and offer some help? 
Really I'd be grateful for anything, weather its a quick tip or helping me write the code!

I want to take new pictures for my header (I can do that easy! just click a button!)
but I don't know how to put it onto the web how I want.

so here is my list of the things I want to work on right now:
A new header
New social media buttons
New widgets
A different 'pages' layout
A button
New colour scheme

I am also considering a name change as I feel my current Blog name doesn't do me or my posts justice. I want something more personal or beauty related.
What do you think of a name change?

Some may feel like I'm being lazy asking for help but honestly I don't know what to do! HTML just isn't my language!

Thanks for reading and thanks even more if you're able to help!
x

8 comments:

  1. I'm not great with HTML myself, I only know the basics and I haven't even been able to work out how to add buttons to the sides of my blog yet :/
    For what its worth I like your layout, its neat and clean which is what appeals to me. I hate cluttered looking blogs.

    And your blog name is what attracted me to check it out, its different :)

    Hayley
    http://makeupmoviesandmore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments, I really appreciate the feedback! I don't think I'm going to change the name any more, I'm just going to add a little description line to explain a bit more! x

      Delete
  2. I think the best way is to sketch up first how the blog should look so you will know what you are working towards.

    I am working on sketching my blog now and will be working on it for the next weeks. Try not to do everything at the same time, just work slowly towards your goal! :)

    Good luck

    Bisous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been sketching away for the past few days, that's great advice! I think sketching will help make sure I'm 100% happy with the final design when I get around to the HTML. x

      Delete
  3. I wish I could help you with the HTML, but I'm useless too. I really like the name of your blog too but if you aren't happy with it then maybe you should change it. You should first and foremost be blogging for yourself, so if you aren't happy that's no good :( You could always pay someone to do it for you! There are ones as cheap as £15-£20 out there and they do a great job! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did some thinking and realised that I will be happier with the name once I add the description line back in somewhere! It definitely helps to explain what my little blog is about! x

      Delete
  4. Hey Hannah,

    I'm currently offering 25% off my custom blog design packages until June 30th if you're interested. I would really love to help you to feel happy about blogging again. :)

    - Felicity. xx
    www.pursuitoffelicity.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the comment! I am considering it, I just want to take some new pictures for my header and bits and bobs then I will definitely be in contact to chat some more about it! How much do you usually charge for blog designing? x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...