Monday 10 September 2012

Product Review: Charles Worthington Heat Defence Spray

So if you've been following my blog for a while you may know that I am obsessed with hair care.
One of the most important steps in my hair care routine, if I'm using heat or not, is a heat protecting spray.

I haven't tried that many different heat protectants but recently I set myself the task of finding the best from he drug store.

I'm a massive fan of the Charles Worthington range so decided to give this one a whirl!


I picked up the takeaways size as I just wanted to try it out and wasn't sure if I'd like it or not.
The takeaways (50ml) of all the products cost £2.99 but I bought this on a 2 for £5 offer.
The full size (200ml) costs £5.19

When I first sprayed this into my hair the first thing I noticed was the over powering smell.
It stank of alcohol.
Sure enough, the first ingredient is Alcohol Denat.
Now I am aware that most heat protectants contain alcohol, but there is usually a higher percentage of water in the product.

For me there two down sides of having so much alcohol in the product,
One is the smell.
And second is if I spray it onto the roots of my hair, it irritates my scalp.
I don't mean a bit of itching - it stung for about 30 seconds!

However I persevered and just avoided spraying my roots.

When I've used this without putting heat on afterwards it hasn't left my hair feeling as soft as normal.
However I after sparying this I clipped my wet hair up. When I took my hair out of the clip about an hour later it smelt amazing and my boyfriend who was sitting across the room immediately said 'wow you smell amazing'
It didn't have a horrible alcohol stench to it any more!

When I used this spray before straightening my hair it left my hair smelling great again and made my hair look so glossy and fab!

Overall I think this product serves its purpose and although I won't be using it daily, it will be my go-to heat defence spray for when I'm styling my hair using direct heat!


Are there any heat defence sprays you recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...